Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery
Obesity is an epidemic in our world today. Bariatric surgery or weight loss surgery is seen as a crusader in the war against obesity.
As the number one preventable cause of death, obesity affects more than just your physical health. One in four Canadian adults is clinically obese, and it is reported that obesity costs the Canadian Government in excess of 4.3 billion dollars annually. Can we afford not to take control of our lives and fight obesity?
Surgically induced weight loss can help patients lose weight in order to improve their quality of life and lower mortality risks. In addition to the benefits of feeling and looking better, bariatric surgery helps improve quality of life and reduces the risks of obesity related diseases such as hypertension, heart attacks, diabetes etc.
Weight Loss Surgery Benefits
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, following bariatric surgery, these were typical health results:
- Diabetes is improved, resolved or cured in 80-90% of bariatric patients
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) is cured in more than 60% of patients and improved in more
than 78% of cases
- Hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol and high triglycerides) is improved in more than 70% of patients
- Obstructive sleep apnea is cured in 86% of patients
- Migraines are resolved in 57% or patients
- Non-Alcoholic fatty liver disease is improved in 90% of patients
- Metabolic syndrome is resolved 80% of the time
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome—79% resolution of hirsutism and 100% resolution of menstrual
- Venous stasis disease is resolved in 95% of patients
- Depression is resolved in 55% of patients
- Asthma is improved or resolved in 82% of patients
- The risk for cardiovascular disease is reduced by 82%
- GERD (esophageal acid reflux) is resolved in 72-98% of patients
- Stress urinary incontinence is resolved in 44-88% of patients
- Degenerative joint disease is resolved in 41-76% of patients
- Gout is resolved in 77% of patients
- Risk of death is decreased by 89%.
- Quality of life is improved in 95% of patients
Most people that struggle with weight issues find themselves in a cycle of failure and disappointment as they move from one exercise and diet plan to the next, only to discover the frustrating effects of gaining and losing and then gaining it all back or gaining even more weight. If you have encountered a sense of hopelessness in your struggle with losing weight, it's time to call us and put your health in good hands.
Our surgical weight loss physicians are dedicated to excellence in patient care, they are specialists in bariatric weight loss surgery treatments and they are ready to help you fight obesity and take back your life. Your doctor will work with you to assess your individual situation and decide which type of bariatric surgery is right for you.
Bariatric Surgeries scheduled through Global Healthcare Connections are always performed in a full service hospital setting. You will not be in a clinic, or in a walk in medical center—and you have options on the location of the hospital. This allows Global Healthcare Connections to connect you to a hospital and a surgical team of doctors that best suits your individual needs. There is a lot of information on the internet, and you should be aware that a lower priced surgery is not always reflective of surgical qualifications or talent, more so, it may be directly related to the surgeons fees, operating room and hospital fees. As mentioned, all of our connected bariatric surgeons are board certified. Bariatric “VSG” Surgical Packages scheduled through Global Healthcare Connections begin at $5,495 USD and range upward to $11,495 USD.
Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery Options
Call us at 1-888-974-2470 and start your journey towards a healthier you today!