An Informed Decision Equals Peace of Mind
You've just been diagnosed with a serious health concern. Perhaps you'd like an independent expert to confirm your recent diagnosis before you make important decisions to begin treatment.
Now you can confirm your diagnosis and receive recommendations for a treatment plan – and never leave home. When you connect with us, you'll gain a valuable resource for staying up to date on the latest research and therapeutic advances for your condition.
How We Can Help
When you request a medical opinion, one of our networked medical specialists will review your case and communicate their recommendations in one of three ways:
- Written–Our network specialist gives you his or her input, along with the latest treatment options available.
- Telephone - You and a specialist can discuss your case and treatment options during a telephone consultation.
- Video Conference (Physician-to-Physician) - Your local treating physician and our network specialist can discuss your case and treatment options using a video conferencing system.
Getting A Second Opinion
- Obtaining a second opinion is a normal part of today's healthcare environment – especially when you are facing a serious or life-threatening condition.
- Specialty Physicians have made recommendations resulting in important changes to diagnosis and/or treatment in a significant number of cases.
- Our goal is to support you and your physician in accessing specialty care.
- Complete the consent form, patient information sheets and credit card authorization form.
- Gather your most recent medical records in English.
- Radiology - you may be required to send hard copies or CDs of your radiology images.
- Pathology - (optional) – The review of stained slides may be included in the cost of a complex consultation; unstained slides and/or paraffin blocks may incur an additional charge.
Medical information submitted electronically to Global Healthcare Connections Specialty Second Opinion Service will be seen by a limited number of authorized individuals, including certain GHCC personnel, GHCC Network-affiliated physician(s), and outside parties hired to maintain and support this Web site. GHCC and the parties supporting this Web site will store captured information electronically on our supporting systems or as paper records where appropriate. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations or other valid legal processes, we will not share any patient specific information with any other outside parties.
Confidentiality and use of Personal Medical and Financial Information
Global Healthcare Connections and the GHCC Network-affiliated physician(s) will use medical information to consult with referring physicians and to facilitate the second opinion service, quality assurance, and record keeping. GHCC will keep all information confidential in accordance with applicable laws, GHCC and Network Institution confidentiality policies. Personal medical and financial information will be seen by a limited number of authorized individuals as necessary including certain GHCC personnel, the GHCC Network.
Global Healthcare Connections Inc.
628 10th Street East, Unit C
Saskatoon, SK Canada S7H 0G9
Toll free: 1-888-974-2470
Local Phone: (306) 974-2470